Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Bus Stop


I stare out the frosted window,
At the bus stop across the street.
Each time a bus slows,
My heart skips a beat.

Hoping I would see that familiar face,
Appearing in the sliding doors,
I could hear my heart race.
Then I could feel as it tore,

When I realized that we are through.
No more of your strong arms,
Your smile, your kisses, no more you,
Only my tears and a broken heart.

The doors begin to close,
And you’re still not there.
It drives into the cold,
But I still stay there and stare.

Maybe you would magically reappear,
And fill my life with laughter and love.
I try to fight the tears,
And I try to be tough.

But it’s hard when you’re gone,
And I’m left alone to fight.
I know I did you wrong,
But give me a chance to make it right.

I miss you so much,
That it’s driving me insane.
I don’t know how long I can keep this up.
Still, I know there’ll come a day,

Where my heart will recover,
And I will learn to accept it:
That nothing lasts forever.
So, now, I just want to thank you for all that you did.

Sometimes, I still look across the street,
And think about the past,
But my heart no longer skips a beat,
Because I realized that you’re not coming back.
 



0 comments:

Post a Comment