Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mommy!

She’s an inspiration and a mentor.  She’s a fighter and a force to be reckoned with.  She’s a friend, a sister and a daughter.  She is my lovely and beautiful mother.  Last weekend was her birthday and I am so grateful for that day because that was the day that a wonderful and irreplaceable lady was brought into this world.

Without her in my life, I would be lost and incomplete.  She’s my Superwoman and Wonder Woman, all put into one body.  My mom is always there to give all that she can.  She works hard so we don't have to just get by.  She sacrifices everything to make us happy.  Honestly, winning the lottery is nothing compared to having a mother like her.
Although she does not always show it, her family has been and will always be her number one priority.  I know she will be there through thick and through thin.  When she was younger, she had to balance school with taking care of five younger siblings and housework.  My mom’s earlier life was not easy and it still isn’t.  However, she always seems to manage and that shows me that nothing is impossible and if I put my mind to it, I can do anything I want.
I am honoured to be known as her daughter and I hope to make her proud to be my mother.  My mom has given up so much to give me and my siblings a better life and a brighter future, something that she did not have growing up.  She came to a completely new country, knowing no English and having no money just so her children can have opportunities.  She works endless hours so we can have the money to buy those pointless objects that grasp our attention for a week.  She misses out on events so she can drive us to where we want to be.  She loses sleep so she can spend time with us.  My mom honestly does so much that I could go on for days.

Mom, I love you so much and I am so grateful to have such a wonderful figure in my life.  You have inspired me in so many ways.  If ever I feel like I want to give up, I always look to you and remember how you pushed through, regardless of the odds stacked up against you.  Thank you for everything, mommy and I hope you had an amazing birthday <3.
"I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine--
she helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights."
~Terri Guillemets

0 comments:

Post a Comment