Thursday, October 7, 2010

Nothing More

So I was cleaning my room and found this.  It is something that I wrote during the summer as a response to something someone else had written for me. 

So it's been two years, give or take a couple weeks.
Still remember the first time I laid eyes on you and how my knees went weak.
Never thought that we'd make it this far.
I mean, we've been through so many ups and downs.
Marked by those permanent scars,
And those tears that will forever stain.
Reminding me of all those nights in pain,
From the past that I wish would fade.
But I guess everything happens for a reason.
I know my heart will heal one day,
But for now, just gotta take this as a lesson.
Keep those walls up,
Turn from love,
So I won't cry anymore,
And I won't hurt like before.
I know you're sorry and I am too,
Because I can't get over what happened.
Just know that there's no doubt that you're forgiven,
But I just need some time to get through,
All that I'm going through.
Maybe later on, it can be like before,
But for now I just need to be friends and nothing more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment