Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mission Vintage


"Fashions fades, style is eternal."
--Yves Saint Laurent

Remember those days when everyone had to get those different-coloured chucks?  And did you forget when everyone had to have those Dickies backpacks?  There were also those coloured skinnies and then the burned tees that everyone wore for a couple of months. 

I still wear coloured skinnies and burned tees and use a Dickies bag, but just because I like how they look on me, not because everyone did.  That is my style, which I’d like to think is unique, not to be conceited.  I like the not-so-formal-just-casual style.  You may, and you may not.  Regardless, this is my style.  It may change as I mature, but whatever I wear, it’s still MY style, which will stay for as long as my name is spoken.

Anyway, our third Quadrant Challenge is in Ossington where we have to find a complete outfit for $10 or less at the various vintage stores there.  The outfit has to match in the sense that it has to go together well enough to create a distinct character.

This challenge has gotten me really excited because I have always loved the vintage style and how different it looks.  I never knew where you could get them or how to dress in that manner.  However, when I see it on TV and in movies, I always fall in love with its colour and uniqueness. 

Now that our challenge requires us to visit these stores, I can’t wait to go.  I was told that these stores range from your nice typical store to closed dusty basements to grimy staircases, so I’m a little scared, but the experience will be amazing regardless. 

I am honestly so pumped for this challenge.  I’ll probably end up picking up a few extra pieces as well =).  Maybe even my dress for semi-formal LOL.

Stay tuned and I’ll be recapping the whole experience and posting pictures soon =).

0 comments:

Post a Comment