Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Christmas Redemption Epilogue

"Hi!  I’m Zoey!"
Today was closing night for A Christmas Redemption and it was indescribable.  The feelings afterwards were as bittersweet as ever.  I was relieved that this journey has come to an end because all of our hard work is shown to the world and hopefully have inspired and touched hearts.  Watching the reactions of the audience and hearing their feedback was amazing.  It truly showed that our late nights and sacrifices weren’t in vain.  However, it is also sad to know that this is the end.  This chapter of my life is closing much too soon.  There were so many amazing people on the cast and crew and I wish I had more time to spend with them.  Because rehearsals were by scene, I was either not in attendance or in another room practicing with my fellow actors.  As a result, there wasn’t much socializing time.  Luckily, come performance day, we were all stuck in the same dance studio/green room for hours on end.  It was great though.  I was able to talk to most of the cast and crew, if not everyone.  We laughed, made jokes, teased one another and created long-lasting memories.

The two girls, Sienna and Layla, from our beauty salon scene were so lovable.  They always put a smile on my face and they were so adorable.  Layla kept following me like a cute little puppy and it was heartbreaking to have to say 'bye' to both of them.  They were great to work with.  I'll miss you guys! <3



To all of my SVP family and the Acting Academy alumnus: it was inspirational to be able to work with all of you guys.  Everyone was exceptional and truly raised the bar for following scenes.  We all helped each other out when we can and were there to support one another.  It was amazing to be around my friends, but also the successful graduates of the Acting Academy to just soak in their expertise.


To the rest of the cast and crew: you guys are all truly wonderful.  Everyone was so friendly and even with one small ‘hi’, we could start up a conversation.  I am so grateful that I was able to work with such terrific people.  Nobody felt that they were better than one another and I could talk to anyone.  This feeling of closeness from such strangers was truly a blessing to experience, so thank you.
Lastly, to my family and friends who came out to support me and to those who couldn’t come, but were still rooting for me: your support really means the world to me.  I am so glad that all of you could make it and that I was able to share with you my love for the dramatic arts.  Thank you for your everlasting support.  I hope I didn’t disappoint. xD
I had an amazing and unforgettable time being in A Christmas Redemption.  It was my first time being in a Mainstage producation and it was an unbelievable experience.  Surprisingly, I wasn’t nervous at all.  While in the wings, I was excited and relaxed.  Even on stage and seeing the full house, I was at ease and happy to perform.  Although I felt like I could have brought more to the table and done a better job, many people have come up to me to congratulate me on my role.  I am very honoured for this feedback and thrilled, yet I also know that I could improve.  Nonetheless, this was a great first experience and I hope there are many more to come.
Thank you to everyone on the cast and crew.  You were all amazing to work with and I hope to see you all again.  Also, thank you to those who came out to support me and the entire production.  It really made a difference and I hope you enjoyed the show. =)
Love you all! <3
**for more photos, click here

0 comments:

Post a Comment