Sunday, December 19, 2010

Honestly - Maribelle Anes

On Youtube, I am subscribed to Maribelle Anes and Lil Crazed, two unsigned, but amazing and talented, artists.  These two are one of my favourite Youtube artists of all time and astonishingly enough, they decided to collaborate on a song, which freakishly enough, describes a situation that I am currently in.

Honestly is a song that Maribelle wrote to a friend, expressing her concern for that friend because of a guy that she is dating.  At this age—actually, at any age—guys are the worse in the sense that until you find the right one, there are billions that you have to go through, which usually end up with you getting hurt.  At least, that is what I have concluded from my experiences. 

I do not always make the right decisions when it comes for guys and a lot of the times, the reasons behind those choices are not viable.  However, I decide what I decide because I like the thought of having someone or because I want to do those cute couple things.  The downside: not everyone is worth having around or the effort to do those things.  My friends tell me this all the time, but of course, I have to learn the hard way.  Anyways, everything that Maribelle sings in this song reflects everything that my friends have been saying to me.

Here is the video and the lyrics:



Verse 1
i know you
you know me
we've been friends
for a while and i can see
that you are fakin
i know that you hate it
you like the idea
not so much him
he's good looking, so wealthy
but theres other opportunities
i can't take it
he treats you like nothing
you say he aint worth it
then you turn around


Chorus
2 seconds later
your running back to his arms
do me a favour
tell me its more than enough
tell me the truth
is he making you happy
can you make it through
tell me honestly


Verse 2

is he that perfect?
does he make you smile
can you show me what
is making him worth the while
is he everything
and his personality
don't think im getting in between
im just protecting you
cause you say he aint right then


Chorus

Bridge
i can't take to see my best friend cry
you apparently love him and i wanna know why
he's a player - he's a double time dater
honestly he aint right for you
for you


Lil Crazed

now hold up you aint ever even met me,
won't give me a chance to "work out" but you SWEAT me?
lets see, can you tell me how that's fair huh?
real with my lady, i don't wear "Mascara"
because see i don't "make up" lies
i'm down for my girl, you're just way uptight
false assumptions and to me that hurts,
dont judge a book by it's cover girl, read it first,
and she deserves, more than me,
i know that but fortunately, i meet her standards,
so every single time you question her happiness, i'm still her answer,
bravo, i applaud you looking out,
but try looking in and you'll see what i'm about,
i admit, there's still a bit to POLISH me,
but trust me i'ma NAIL it, honestly


Chorus

0 comments:

Post a Comment