Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Olunike Adeliyi

On Tuesday, we were honoured to be in the presence of Olunike Adeliyi.  Born and raised in Brampton, Ontario, she really is the living proof that we can all make it if we have the passion and drive.  It is truly inspirational to have someone who is home grown become someone so successful and accomplished.  Brampton, being so small and away from city, it is hard to believe that anyone can make it big in this industry.  However, seeing her, I feel that it is possible to reach my dreams, despite where I live.  She was like me, a hopeful actress growing up and schooled in Brampton.  Now, she is a superstar, owning the red carpet and well on her way to taking over the world if she wanted to.  Looking at her allows me to believe that in a couple of years, that could be me too.

Her vibe and presence was breathtaking.  As soon as she entered the drama studio, it was like time stopped for a moment.  She has such grace and poise and her personality is remarkable.  Olunike was really open and genuine when answering our questions.  At first, we were all too starstruck to say anything, but then the questions kept coming and the next thing we knew, our time was up.  Even then, many of us were still picking at her brain right up to the last second, when the bell rang.

Ultimately, I just want to thank you, Olunike, for coming into our class and showering us with your wealth of knowledge.  Personally, thanks for demonstrating with me how to create a spark with another actor for a scene, even though in reality, there really is not any.   I will never forget your visit and the impact that you left on me.  Honestly, I am so inspired by what you had to say and your authenticity and genuineness is beyond words.  You know who you are and who you want to be and you have that vibe about you that you will not stop until all of your dreams are accomplished.  Your liveliness will always remain with me and I admire you so much for your ability to stay real.  Hope I will be able to see you soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment