Friday, December 3, 2010

Don't Be Another Statistic


Redemption: the act of seeking forgiveness. As Soul Visionary Productions, we are seeking forgiveness from those suffering with HIV/AIDS and from those who have encountered this deadly disease.  We are seeking forgiveness for not knowing and for our ignorance.

HIV/AIDS is a tragedy, whether you are diagnosed with it or if you know someone who is suffering from its devastating effects.

I have been blessed to not have this disease directly affect me and those around me.  I only hear stories and I hope to keep it that way.  Nonetheless, I have been in two AIDS Awareness performances with my class.  As a result, I am able to empathize for those who deal with this tragic reality.  The two pieces that I were in are powerful and groundbreaking and they really opened my eyes.

Through the performances, I hope to open people’s eyes to the seriousness of AIDS and give hope to those whose lives have been touched by AIDS.  I want to leave tears in their eyes, but not of sadness.  Instead, I want to leave tears of inspiration, hope and change.  Through this, I hope to effect change.  I want to share with people knowledge and hope that that will stay with them when they have to make tough decisions.

Preparing for these performances was both fun and eye-opening.  As well, the feedback that we received was positive and amazing.  I only wish I could have been out in the audience watching it too. 

All in all, I just want to express my sympathies to those who deal with AIDS.  Keep your head high and don’t lose faith or hope.  We are finding a cure and you are not alone.  To everyone else, please think your decisions through thoroughly and don’t do anything you may regret.  Don’t be another statistic.


 
It’s time to stand up and make a change.  Let’s put an end to AIDS.

0 comments:

Post a Comment